Searching for a sunset


[en] A perfect company, the day not so good. When the mind is busy thinking in other stuff it drains the energy needed for dedicating to photography.

Weekend, I remember feeling the rays of light in the end of the afternoon warming my face and a cozy moment on a garden´s bench. The idea was taking the rest of the day and search for a special moment and a special photo. However, as I said other things were consuming that will. Without energy it starts the conflict with everything that makes me shoot and with the equipment. If the will is not there, one hundred percent, the outcome is not going to be the best we can do. Only the dedication is missing because the inspiration is not hard to find.

It's time to put the camera aside and absorb one last moment that is going to fill my mind, is time to feel de last rays of sun and the hot stone where I'm sitting. After this moment the mosquitoes return and the less pleasant smell left by others. Time to go home, it's windy.

***

[pt] A companhia perfeita, o dia nem por isso. Quando a mente está ocupada a pensar noutra(s) coisa(s) consome a energia para me dedicar à fotografia.

Fim-de-semana, lembro-me de sentir os raios de sol de fim de tarde aquecerem-me a face e de um momento aconchegante num banco de jardim. A ideia era aproveitar o final de dia para ir em busca de um bom momento e uma boa fotografia. Porém e como já disse outras coisas consumiam essa vontade. E não havendo energia entra-se em conflito com tudo aquilo que me faz fotografar e com o equipamento. Se a vontade não está lá, a cem por cento, o resultado também não será o melhor que conseguimos fazer. Apenas falta a dedicação porque a inspiração não é difícil de encontrar.

É melhor colocar a máquina de lado e absorver o último momento que me vai encher a alma, é altura de sentir os últimos raios de sol e de sentir a pedra quente onde me sentei. Após este momento voltam os mosquitos e o desagradável cheiro deixado por outras pessoas. Altura para regressar a casa, está vento.

***
Cold Front
from Departure Songs by Hammock

Comments